This is my personal blog focusing on marketing, online business, productivity, and life. I share what’s worked for me, what hasn’t, and nuggets from my experience. I cover everything from Facebook ads, to starting a business, to psychology.
Everything I share comes my years of starting, growing and selling various businesses. I started from a humble window washing business, to a marketing consultancy, to selling digital products and ebooks, to currently running various ecommerce businesses including a 6-figure business.
Currently, I’m part of the marketing and growth team at Shopify, working to make commerce better for everyone.
Embolden exists to help the willing average person become unaverage. What is unaverage? Unaverage is the 1% of modern society. 99% of the world consumes more than it creates. The other 1% runs businesses, creates art and music, produces, outputs. More importantly, the 1% are happier, fulfilled, successful, healthy, and richer in time and money.
This is the crux and core of this blog. The goal is to share everything I’ve learned and know to be more successful, happier, and healthier. I’m a flawed human being like anyone else. My hope is that this blog, through sharing my experiences and experiments, can help “embolden” people to do more and build something that matters.
I want to share everything I know from experience without holding back.
Why listen to me? Because I have experience and have built real businesses, including a successful and profitable ecommerce business.
Those are my sales for 2017, from January to August. I’m not showing these numbers to brag. It’s to show that everything I share comes from my own practical experience. It’s to show that I’m practicing what I preach. It’s to show that I share because I love to share and talk about business and marketing, not because I have to. There’s a difference.
If you’re entitled, this blog is not for you. If you’re looking for get rich easy, this blog is not for you. If you’re looking for the “secret”, the secret is that there is no secret.
The content here focuses on people looking to grow and scale their businesses. The content here is for people who are trying to figure out how to better reach and sell to their customers. The content here is for people who are finally willing to put in the work to build something. I will not romanticize entrepreneurship here and I will do my best to avoid hyperbole and hype. I want to be as brutally honest and real as possible.
As a starting point, I recommend looking at my favorite 10 posts on this blog.